Commissioned in December 2001, the plant is spread over a 50-hectare area, even touching record production volumes of over 600 tonnes in a single day on a number of occasions.
Tata-Korf technology is marked by simple construction and the use of blast furnace gas for pre-heating the blast as well as for generating power. The entire plant runs on captive power based on blast furnace gas, with a capacity to produce Foundry Grade, SG Grade, and Basic Grade pig iron.
Product Mix – Foundry Grade, SG Grade, and Basic Grade Pig Iron as also Granulated Slag.
Aparant also produces granulated slag which is dried using hot flue gases for supply to the slag cement industry. The furnace charging facility is designed to take care of emerging needs brought about by higher productivity. An exclusive 10 kilometre-long water pipeline has been laid from Salaulim Reservoir catering to the entire downstream facility requirement of steel-making. Effective product monitoring and quality control complement the manufacturing processes.
Compelling Situational Advantages
- Proximity to Rail, and National Highway 4A
- Port-based – just 70 km from Mormugao Harbour
- Abundant water supply by dedicated pipeline connected to theSalaulim Reservoir
- 250 m3 mini blast furnace
- Captive 4 MW Power Plant ensuring zero dependence on grid power
- Metallic Blast Pre-heating through Glendon coils
- Gas cleaning sludge treatment plant with thickener
- Compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001:2004 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- Well received products, enjoying premium in the market owing to assured quality