Highlights of Corporate Career:
- The acquisition of two companies upcountry and their merger into Goa Carbon Limited, leading to a considerable increase in its installed capacity
- Divestment of the Goa- based iron ore mining businesses, V S Dempo & Co Pvt Ltd and Dempo Mining Corporation Pvt Ltd, with a view to expanding and strengthening other Dempo group companies, both operating and planned
- Expansion of shipbuilding, ship repair and engineering operations of Dempo Shipbuilding & Engineering Pvt Ltd, with an additional facility on the River Zuari following the original and expanded facility on the River Mandovi, both in Goa
- Acquisition of Modest Infrastructure Ltd, which operates an active shipyard in Bhavnagar in Gujarat on the Arabian Sea, with a view to scaling up vessel-building activity to include more and larger sea-going vessels of HANDYMAX size/capacity
- Presidency of the Western Region of the pan-Indian Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in the year 2007 and chairmanship of the Confederation’s National Mining Committee
- Formulating proposals for forays into neweconomy businesses,expansion of existing businesses, strategic divestments, as well as overseas start-ups and acquisitions
- Continuing and strengthening the tradition of corporate social responsibility that the Dempo Group is known for with unique initiatives that demonstrate total commitment to sustainable development.